Terms and Conditions
I agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Terms are booked in 5 or 10 weekly lesson blocks.
- Payment need to be finalised before the start of the first lesson.
- Payments can be made via direct deposit, cheque or cash.
- You are automatically booked for the same time and day for the upcoming term. There is no need to rebook for the next term.
- There are no lessons offered on Public Holidays**. Please schedule another lesson during the term at a mutually agreeable time determined between you and your teacher.
- When you book one of our teachers you are booking a fixed time reservation exclusively for you for the duration of the term unless agreed otherwise
- Free trial lesson is NOT available.
- Lessons will be suspended if your account falls into arrears, and you may lose your reserved lesson time.
- General lesson duration recommendations are 60 mins for adults, 45 mins for high school students and 30 mins for prep and primary school students. Longer lessons are recommended for students who’ve been playing for more than 4 years, doing exams or need additional theory/aural training.
- All students should have a good quality, well maintained instrument for use during lessons and for home practice.
- Music books are bought and paid for by the student or student’s parents/guardians. Your teacher will direct you to what you will need for this.
- Food, chewing gum and drinks are not to be consumed in the studio or during lessons.
- Lesson times may vary slightly from term to term at Ballarat Music Lessons’ discretion due to timetabling needs.
- Ballarat Music Lessons reserves the right to terminate lessons indefinitely due to consistent absenteeism, lack of progress, bad behaviour and or any other reasonable cause. Verbal abuse from parents/students will always result in instant termination of lessons without refund.
- One-off casual private lessons are available subject to teacher availability. Please contact Ballarat Music Lesson via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
- Once the term has commenced you are obligated to attend every lesson until the end of the term.
- The lesson time you book cannot be changed for the duration of the term except for Public Holidays**or for a Makeup Lesson***
**Public Holiday Lessons
- There are no lessons on public holidays. Please arrange an alternative time with your teacher during the term. See Makeup Lesson***
***Missed / Makeup Lesson Policy
- 24 hours’ notice must be given to qualify as a makeup otherwise the missed lesson is forfeited.
- If you give less then 24 hours notice or fail to show up to a scheduled lesson, you will be charged for that lesson and will be unable to reschedule. Special consideration apply.
- Your make-up lesson will be rolled over.
- In the event that Ballarat Music Lessons cancels a lesson a rescheduled time may be offered, subject to availability. If the student is unable to attend, a credit for that lesson will be issued on the following term’s invoice or reimbursed in the event of discontinuation.
- You must give 28 days written notice for cancellation of remaining lessons booked for the current term. You will be refunded the remainder of the term dated from 28 days.
- If your teacher misses a lesson you can do a make-up lesson after the 10-week term.
Supervision of Children
- Ballarat Music Lessons strives to provide a safe environment but does not take responsibility for the supervision of students under the age of 18 before or after their lessons.
Photographs & Videos Consent
- Photographs and videos of students may be taken during lessons and recitals for marketing purposes. If you do not want these photographs or videos to be used please contact Ballarat Music Lessons.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Ballarat Music Lessons reserves the right to change any/all of these terms and conditions as necessary.
- We will seek specific permission from parents if we intent to use photos of an individual student.
- All prices are subject to change.